Content Strategist - Contract (M/F/D) at Dailymotion
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, France Télévisions, Le Parisien, CBS, Bein Sports, CNN, GQ, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
At Dailymotion, we are storytellers. We build the best place for people to enjoy the videos that matter. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring discoverable stories to life through premium content from the world’s best publishers. We do this by helping these publishers grow their audiences and monetize their content, their way.
Dailymotion is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value inclusion and we want you to help us thrive for a more diverse community.
Dailymotion’s Content Team is responsible for forging and managing all major content partnerships with a wide range of well-known video content producers and distributors across the US and Canada. The team is also responsible for surfacing this partner content by curation and promotion to our massive user-base and our video technology partners every day. We work within our proprietary platform’s suite of tools and our social media network accounts to promote and deliver this amazing content to our users and video distribution partners. We are an energetic team that works cross-functionally to fulfill Dailymotion’s business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions and workflows to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our remit. If you have the curiosity, resolve and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding digital video industry and are eager to work for a company and team that sets the standard, then we look forward to hearing from you!
As an integral part of the Dailymotion Content Team, the Content Strategist is primarily responsible for working cross-functionally to review, classify, promote and program video content uploaded to Dailymotion by our major partners. The Content Strategist will perform exceptional and consistent editorial evaluations of our partner’s content in a high volume, fast-paced, and detail-oriented manner to ensure our users throughout the US and Canada are seeing the most relevant and topical videos across our Sports, Music, News and Entertainment vertical channels. Leveraging Dailymotion’s editorial and technical taxonomy, partner metadata and having a keen eye for content title and keyword relevance to drive accurate search results, our partner’s editorial pitches and content will be reviewed for adherence to our high standards and suitability for inclusion within Dailymotion homepage, video playlists, and video technology partner’s sites and apps. The ideal candidate will be an aspiring digital media/video tech professional, a curation and/or operations professional or PR professional who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital video curation, metadata and distribution of video content.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY TO DAY:
- Participate in content planning meetings by pitching as well as listening to new ideas to highlight partner videos, ideas for video playlists, editorial calendar ownership and management.
- Gather and review video content promotional pitches from our major content partners.
- Execute ideas that have been approved for publication on Dailymotion and our respective social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) as well as our own daily push-notifications and Newsletters.
- Recommend and/or perform adjustments to content/metadata as encountered.
- Make decisions on content promotion with limited information.
- Report any patterns of issues observed to help improve platform tools, database, product performance.
- Assist in the creation of new workflows to help scale – continuously look for ways to improve processes and increase viewership and quality of output
- Test tools and provide feedback to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Work and communicate with cross-functional teams.
THE IDEAL PROFILE LOOKS LIKE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, preferably in Media, Technology, Statistics or Library Sciences.
- Have 2-3 years of professional experience, it’s plus if you have relevant media, video or music catalog management or ad technology experience
- Experience in Media Management systems also a plus
- Wide-ranging, up-to-date knowledge of TV shows, cinema, music, literature, social media platforms, as well as cultural sensitivities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through hours of repetitive tasks
- Quick learner who continually seeks out improvement and prevent errors from recurring
- Highly detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Sharp problem-solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and making sound judgment calls
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and .XML a plus
- Fluent in Spanish also a plus
At Dailymotion, we empower candidates to take action. If this job sounds like a great opportunity for you, be confident in your skills, we are always happy to meet you! If needed, we can accommodate our recruitment process for your special abilities.
Location: New York, NY
Type of contract: Annual freelance contract
Start Date: ASAP
Want to learn more about us?
- New-York office - BuiltIn
- Offices in France - Welcome to the Jungle
- Our articles