Content Strategist at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is seeking a Content Strategist to join our growing Brand Marketing & Content team.
You will be responsible for planning, developing and creating engaging content and strategies across platforms focused on fashion, style and designer storytelling for both members and prospective customers. Most importantly, you will create stories that bring to life the Rent the Runway brand and subscription service. Ideal candidates are writers and creators at their core, and have experience building content across web, native app, email, social and paid experiences.
Immersed in industry news and cultural happenings, you must be able to develop and package engaging content that elevates our authority within the fashion industry, with a strong understanding and passion for content marketing. You have excellent writing and communication skills, and are able to express the Rent the Runway brand and views creatively. You will report to the Senior Manager of Brand & Content, and will work closely with the Creative, Engagement, Fashion, Merchandising, Styling, Growth and PR teams.
What You'll Do:
- Amplifying Rent the Runway’s brand voice and presence by ideating, concepting and creating content across channels including but not limited to email, site, native app, mobile, social, marketing landing pages, paid media, print and OOH
- Write fashion, style, designer and membership content daily and create engaging brand stories
- Monitor content performance to ensure delivery of content that pushes rental optimization, consumer engagement and subscription conversion
- Design and implement content strategy to align with business goals
- Support Brand & Content Team with quarterly Marketing & Content strategy
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Fashion, Merchandising, Styling, Growth, Engagement, Product and PR to develop content calendars
- Collaborate with Creative team to generate concepts for editorial shoots and productions
- Develop and execute content franchises and key marketing moments with Brand & Content team
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of experience in fashion editorial, magazines, retail, brand, content marketing or e-commerce
- A writer at your core — you’ll be creating content on a daily basis, from writing emails for members to building out proposals for product launches and new designers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Proactive problem solver and thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our editorial and content
- Self-Starter: You have ownership over your domain, and are able to set a vision and drive process forward, pushing the envelope to bring new ideas to life and challenge the status quo
- You must be a learner — always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Highly organized with a high level of attention to detail
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- There’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Experience prioritizing and juggling numerous projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Hustle: Driven by Rent the Runway’s mission and work tirelessly to identify the right fashion stories and content to tell across channels
- Think strategically, act tactically: Create broader strategic goals, and break down the tactical executions and steps that need to be taken in order to achieve the goals; you get it done and have fun while doing it
- Immersed in industry news and cultural happenings, you must have a strong eye for exciting new design talent, familiarity with data, and are an actioned oriented leader who is driven to bring the RTR fashion vision to life
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.