Content Strategist at Angi
HomeAdvisor is building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. You will be charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously un-solved problems.
Highly successful Content Strategists at HomeAdvisor are:
- Masters of written language
- End-to-end strategic thinkers
Content Strategists are responsible for creating and maintaining a consistent, engaging conversation with our users. They have a deep understanding of user-focused product writing, and know that successful customer experiences are dependent on clear, meaningful language. They are involved in every phase of a project lifecycle, from early strategy and concepting, through customer research, detailed design, launch, and optimization.
We value creative exploration, iteration, and attention to detail. Writing for our service requires an intimate understanding of our diverse users—achieved through continuous research and testing—and close collaboration with many disciplines inside our organization.
What you’ll do:
- Shape our users’ experience with our brand and products by writing clear, meaningful copy that guides them through our end-to-end service
- Create a consistent product narrative across all of our customer touch points
- Launch great digital experiences that are functional, easy to use, and informed by data and research
- Work alongside Product Managers and business owners to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution
Skills and experience for success:
- 5+ years of user-focused product writing for mobile and web, in-house or at a digital agency
- Ability to influence and collaborate with design, engineering, product, and marketing teams
- Experience creating information architecture
- Experience with accessibility best practices
- A portfolio of personal or professional projects with UX-focused writing samples and guidelines
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product.