Content Writer at Gemini
Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) empowers individuals through crypto by providing simple, elegant, and secure ways for people to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency. We are a licensed cryptocurrency exchange and custodian with a focus on product, security, licensing and compliance.
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Writer
Gemini’s mission is to empower the individual through cryptocurrency. The role of the Writer is to write compelling content that tells the Gemini story and explains cryptocurrency to broad audiences. You make writing about complex topics seem easy. You'll play an integral role within our Communications department, working hand in hand with Marketing, Product, and Design Tech, among other teams. You will help execute our proactive content strategy and write content that explains the ins and outs of the cryptocurrency ecosystem to a cross-section of readers with varied knowledge of the industry. This content will be the pillar of Gemini Learn. In addition, you’ll flex into other areas and create content that advances the Company, including our products, projects and people. You'll also conduct research, interview subject matter experts and write materials for various content platforms including our blog, website, and external channels.
You will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization and be working in our New York City Headquarters, Chicago, Portland or remote, reporting directly to the Head of Communications as you focus on essential functions that include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Write compelling content to reach and engage external and internal audiences (e.g. clients, prospects and employees). Content will appear across our Company’s platforms, including our Gemini Learn, Gemini Blog, Gemini.com, social media channels, executive communications, marketing presentations, external sites.
- Write articles on crypto and finance-related topics for consumption by customers and the general public.
- Working with Communications and Marketing on SEO projects including analysis and tracking of content performance.
- Conduct research for and assist in the creation, development and execution of our content plan. Includes content themes and content calendar, as well as content for targeted campaigns.
- Research and write 10-15 pieces of content a month, with varying word count, aligned to key themes maintaining the Gemini voice and authority.
- Work closely with our internal teams on content planning and editorial calendar management to make sure we are executing on key content opportunities.
- Proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control.
- Understand and translate Gemini brand and style guidelines into a clear, confident, and human voice.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support Head of Communications in ad hoc project work and requests.
- Bachelor’s degree (with a focus in Communications, English, Journalism) or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience as a writer, preferably in financial services industry/regulated environment or as a journalist covering financial services, with experience writing blogs
- Proven excellence in writing and style
- Willingness to stick with a story from start to finish
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with, and build trusted relationships, with internal teams successfully
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with experience executing programs on deadline, accurately, efficiently and with an attention to detail
- Strongly proficient with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated excellence in internal project management, organizational planning and operational excellence
- Experience building out editorial calendars for a news organization or corporation
- Experience writing thought leadership
- Genuine passion for disruptive technology
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!