Copywriter - Brand Marketing
letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings, and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
As the Copywriter of Brand Marketing, you have a sharp and engaging tone that will assist in all facets of letgo communication. We are seeking a writer with a strong passion for tech marketing and making remarkable brand marketing assets. You’ll be leading the development of the creative materials for the brand team and work across disciplines to create engaging campaigns in a wide range of formats including but not limited to digital and social media, activation materials, PR assets and B2B collateral that will assist our team's effectiveness.You will take on projects that span marketing, advertising, sales, member experience, video, digital, and more.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler: We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
Please include your portfolio with your application.
- Maintain the letgo voice to be used across multiple target audiences and media, including social/digital, B2B, PR and content marketing
- Write sharp brand copy for a variety of channels throughout the customer journey, including emails, potentially app copy and notification messages, and paid ads
- Establish and document content standards, style guidelines, and process to be implemented across multiple touchpoints and teams.
- Create concepts and write engaging marketing copy that spans brand/identity, video, campaigns, and more.
- Partner with the Marketing, B2B, PR and Design teams to develop compelling brand communication strategies, from ideation to completion
- Support all brand and campaign marketing efforts by providing thought leadership and content execution
- Juggle and prioritize a variety of copy needs, projects, and requests
- At least 5 years experience copywriting and editing marketing and advertising communications — including interactive copy, print copy, and video copy either at a well-known brand or agency with high-profile clients.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in English, writing, or journalism or other relevant degrees.
- Outstanding writing and grammar with refined proofreading and editing skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departmental teams at once.
- Extremely creative, able to present and pursue projects from concept to execution. A great communicator who is responsible and eager to present new ideas.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of SOHO and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.