Copywriter, Digital Ads at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
Writing at Better.com
Good writing is core to our company. Other places use big words and clunky sentences to make mortgages seem complicated. Writers here do the opposite. We distill complex information into its simplest form. We communicate things clearly to help people with different backgrounds all feel empowered. We make mortgages make sense.
The role: Copywriter, Digital Ads
We’re looking for a mid-to-senior level Copywriter with some experience across paid social and digital advertising to help us change the way people buy homes.
You will support our ACD of Copy while working closely with a team of writers and designers to craft memorable, and high-performing ad campaigns across channels like Facebook, Instagram, Google Display, and more. Bonus points if you’ve also written for SEO/SEM, landing pages, one-sheeters, and content hubs.
This role is open to be hired remotely!
What you’ll do
- Become an expert in messaging for the homebuying and homeownership space
- Know the latest and best industry practices for paid social on major channels and search engines
- Understand A/B testing, comfortable with constant iterating and pivoting, based on data driven insights
- Partner with marketing and product marketing managers to help turn briefs into thumb-stopping narratives around product activations, feature launches, awareness campaigns, and more
- Keep your finger on the pulse of what’s trending, culturally-relevant, and zeitgeisty in marketing and media
- Directly contribute to the mission of Better and the growth of the brand
What we’re looking for
- At least 3+ years copywriting experience in digital marketing or social media
- A portfolio that shows strong work across at least one these areas: paid/performance, product marketing, and social media
- Ability to explain complex information in a way that anyone can understand
- Some familiarity with the world of finance (or you're down to learn)
- An empathetic nature who works well with others
- Excellence in G-suite (bonus if you know your way around Figma)
- Willingness to stand up for your ideas and without taking creative criticism personally
Sound like a good fit? Use the link to apply below. Please include a link to your online portfolio, or email it as a PDF. If you’re unable to share a portfolio, please let us know and we’ll coordinate a virtual workshare.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.