About the Team
Harry’s is seeking a strategic copywriter and strong collaborator to work on all brand creative with a focus on creating content for the direct-to-consumer (DTC) team. Our mission is to build personalized experiences that make our customers’ lives easier. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user-centric experiences. We launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right products for our customers. We are a team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high-performing customer experiences and are always looking to improve.
About the Role
The copywriter’s job is to create compelling copy that will be leveraged across both digital and offline marketing channels and to drive customer acquisition on Harry’s DTC business. They’ll partner with design to support the broader Growth & Acquisition marketing team in all day-to-day copy requests.
The copywriter will be motivated by developing copy that communicates Harry’s key value propositions and drives effective business results as measured by the growth marketing and brand creative teams. They enjoy managing the quality of all copy deliverables to ensure they meet Harry’s high creative standards, and an ability to give and take creative feedback and constructive criticism. They are naturally curious and passionate about the brand and storytelling journey and desire to work within a cross-functional team to deliver an amazing product.
What you will accomplish:
- Digital Advertising: Develop advertising copy for digital marketing channels including Facebook & Instagram ads, display banners, partnership programs, search strategies and promoted content channels supporting multiple ad formats: static banners, animated banners, scriptwriting for radio and podcast ads, article teasers, dynamic product ads, and emails.
- Print Advertising: Develop advertising copy for print-ready ads for offline marketing channels including direct mail, magazine ads, flyer inserts, and newspaper ads, supporting multiple ad formats including postcards, tri-fold cards, letters, mini-catalogs, and door hangers.
- Landing Pages: Lead copywriter for landing page development process, includes: concepting and creating content that ties directly to digital and print advertisements, so that customers who visit Harrys.com have a seamless experience.
- Web Product: Collaborate with product designers to write user interface copy through the Harry’s brand voice to create an intuitive user experience.
This should describe you:
- 2+ years experience writing copy, ideally on a performance marketing team
- Impeccable and multifaceted copywriting, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- Strong project management skill and experience working cross functionally with creative and marketing teams a plus
- Comfortable having work evaluated based on performance metrics
- Empathy for the customer and their interaction with the brand
- Organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humor: we take our work seriously, not ourselves
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Copy Director in partnership with the Senior Graphic Designer and Senior Copywriter
- The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and Creative Comms teams
- The Harry’s Brand Marketing team
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.