We’re looking for a Copywriter to join the Vimeo Creative team to work across business and enterprise. This person should not only be a master of words, but be part conceptual part strategic thinker. Someone who can both tell a great story and help create the overarching narrative of a brand.
Copywriters and all the Creatives at Vimeo, are expected to wear a few hats. Specifically, you should be comfortable concepting and executing content for campaigns across Vimeo platforms, including onsite, CRM, display, social, video, and all things Vimeo.
You should speak Internet — able to express an idea in 280 characters or less, create a piece of content that catches your attention in the first sentence or opening frame. But you should also speak long-form narrative, and be able to embrace the subtleties that Vimeo as a brand has to offer.
You’ll collaborate with our internal team, the Creative Team, the B2B marketing team, product marketing, as well as external Vimeo creators and creative partners.
The candidate should have a background or insatiable passion working in B2B or SaaS category and be excited to hone and craft Vimeo’s voice in this space.
To get granular for a minute — applicants should have a background in copywriting across campaign, web, mobile and have 4+ years experience working for either an in-house team or digitally-minded creative agency.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Creative Team at Vimeo to concept and create content marketing across Enterprise and business.
- Continue to define and strengthen the beloved Vimeo brand, and enable the world’s creators to tell even more amazing stories.
- Be comfortable providing creative oversight during video shoots, post-production, events production, and anything-else production.
- Be responsible and autonomous. Vimeo’s Creative Team is a very self-starting and self-regulating crew. And it’s largely on you to stay on track, deliver on-schedule and do your thing.
- Collaborate daily with teams across Vimeo, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Community, Biz Dev, Creator Labs and beyond.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience working for an in-house content marketing team or digitally-minded creative agency. Ideally both.
- Experience working with or for a SaaS company B2B a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, and a background in copywriting and content
- Digital portfolio containing relevant content strategy/copywriting samples
- Be a word nerd.
- Design eye, even if you don’t have a design hand. Meaning, you have a design sensibility and be able to tell a visual story, even if you aren’t a Photoshop whiz.
- Be a stickler for brand guidelines (and, just as importantly, know when to ignore then entirely)
To apply, please send us:
- A brief, non-generic cover letter
- A link to your portfolio
- A great resume
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.