We have an ambitious plan to open 6 new cities in the US in the coming months, in addition to LA & New York City which we successfully launched in 2018. We’re looking for the all-star team who will launch the new cities from our brand new office in New York. Once a home has passed the Plum test, you will be responsible for gathering and quality checking the output of our freelancers in each city, then transforming their work into listings that are truly inspiring. And 100% accurate.
There’s a light & a dark side to this role.
On one hand, it’s an unparalleled opportunity to become a start-up expert. You will learn how a startup opens a city, executes, and builds digital products. You’ll learn aesthetic judgement skills that will serve you for life, and how to get the best work out of creatives.
On the other hand, we have ridiculously high standards and you’ll be required to meet these under unrealistically short timelines, whilst being part of a team who have only been on the job for a matter of months, or weeks for some. You’ll need to be driven, proactive and motivated by a challenge to enjoy this ride.
This is our wish-list. If you were everything on it, we’d worry that you weren’t real!
1. You are ridiculously well organised and know (and are motivated by) working to a tight deadline through time management.
2. You have excellent spoken & written English.
3. A sharp eye for detail: you notice the small things. A sub-standard photo or badly written copy, would never get past your inspection.
4. A taste-maker: Obsessive about design, style, photography and copy. You have a great eye and plenty of confidence in your creative vision.
5. A confident self-learner: confident at teaching yourself to do things you have never done before on a daily basis.
6. You have unreasonably high standards for what is good enough.
7. Super entrepreneurial: You care about getting shit done. And when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle.
8. A problem solver: no problem is unmanageable for you
9. You fit the Plum brand values and culture, and will leave a great impression on hosts
10. And if you want to make us feel like we’ve won the lottery, you will have in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following cities: Miami, Boston, Washington, San Diego