Greater NYC Area
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S. $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty. Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life’s biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 125++ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: FirstMark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
Perch is seeking a Copywriter to help craft our entire copywriting practice. You’ll flex those finger muscles to amplify the story of Perch by expertly navigating rocky real estate waters and speak with our customers using relatable, friendly and engaging language.
You should be comfortable and confident in your writing, enjoy the collaboration process, have a great mix of judgment, creative thinking, and a growth-mindset. This is a full-time position based in New York, NY, reporting to the Director of Brand & Product Marketing.
- Craft engaging and compelling copy across a wide range of company projects (campaign creative, product marketing materials, video scripts, landing pages, and more).
- Establish a consistent Perch voice that extends to all products/services, features, and marketing communications.
- Create and upkeep a messaging playbook that establishes principles for how to apply the brand voice and tone to different forms of copy, (email copy, ad copy, site copy, A/B testing, etc.)
- Work to know our customers inside and out, and leveraging user research to drive continuous improvements on positioning and messaging for all customer segments.
- Work with Growth & Product teams to design copy tests and iteratively test and optimize messaging on landing pages, campaigns, and other touch points across the customer journey.
- Collaborate closely with Design to conceptualize your copy within a visual framework.
- Find appropriate tone and balance — at times leaning into business performance and others leaning into brand.
The Right Candidate
- Nerds out over all-things word--knows when to be punny, has a handle on the oxford comma, and understands the fine balance of using exclamation points, quotes, and caps.
- Has 5+ years experience shaping copy and content.
- Prioritizes their work and communicates priorities to all stakeholders.
- Has a strong understanding of audience needs and mindset.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Can self-manage a calendar of copy requests and deadlines.
Read Full Job Description