Copywriter at Policygenius
About the role….
Policygenius is hiring a Copywriter to help build the next great financial protection brand, by creating consistent, engaging product narratives. An excellent strategic and creative thinker, the Copywriter will identify compelling ways to communicate our value to our customers from first touch to last. The Copywriter will report to the Creative Director, and work on the Marketing team.
In this role, you will…
- Develop, manage and roll out Policygenius’ product and campaign messaging.
- Identify new ways for Policygenius to cut through the noise and engage with our customers.
- Use both sides of your brain. This role requires you to think strategically and execute creatively. You will be able to take a new product feature, translate it to consumer-speak, and create engaging marketing around it.
- Work across channels, and through funnels. You’ll identify, ideate and execute new marketing initiatives across paid social, podcast, CRM, .com, direct mail and through our web product.
- Know the customer. Most people don’t love shopping for insurance, or dealing with personal finance. You’ll understand how to engage them, relate to them, and help them through their journey.
- Take the wheel. You’ll identify opportunities across the Policygenius org to improve our tone of voice and messaging, and mentor other writers so they can do the same.
- Collaborate frequently with the broader Marketing function (Product Marketing, Acquisition, CRM, Content), Product, and Legal teams.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a marketing copywriter at a growth stage startup, ecommerce or DTC brand
- You have a portfolio of strong work, beautifully executed
- You are an excellent strategic and conceptual thinker, with the ability to flex between
- You are a true self-starter. You’re a passionate problem solver and can effectively self manage your projects
- You are hands on with the work, but also a great mentor and manager
- You can balance having high standards with knowing when “good enough” will do
- You are excited to sink your teeth into a company, not just a campaign, and step outside your comfort zone
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!