The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
In our increasingly visual, attention-depleting world, the power of the written word is wildly underestimated. The right word or phrase delivered in the right format and tone can radically change the meaning of a given image or video, and can help cut through the overwhelming clutter of our digital feeds. We’re looking for a copywriter to refine and steward The Farmer’s Dog’s brand voice across every channel, ensuring our messaging - whether it’s a piece of communication seen by millions or a text message sent to an individual customer - always simplifies and clarifies our value proposition, connects with our current and prospective customers, and strengthens our brand.
The ideal candidate is creative and collaborative, a skilled wordsmith, and a grammar sleuth. You will be responsible for developing marketing and communications content that will separate us from the crowd.How You'll Make An Impact
- Write and help create compelling content across all channels that educate and entertain our audiences.
- Think of and contribute to campaign ideas that help launch new products, or bring attention to new initiatives.
- Work with our design and growth teams to convert leads through landing pages, emails, and direct mail.
- Partner across all functions (marketing, operations, customer experience) to improve copy and communications, interpret briefs and develop concepts into content.
- Pitch experimental ideas that can bring our brand to life in unexpected ways.
- You have 1+ years of copywriting experience across multiple platforms.
- You are attentive to the details of every phrase, word, and punctuation mark -- but also never lose sight of the big picture of the message and the brand.
- You are committed to a bold vision and POV, but also receptive to input from anywhere.
- You love writing in all forms and across channels/formats, and can adapt tone and style while still ensuring a cohesive brand voice.
- You are passionate about understanding our current/prospective customers and determining how best to appeal to, and persuade, them.
- You are comfortable using - and proactively asking for - data to inform creative and messaging decisions.
- You are organized and masterfully manage your own time, knowing what to prioritize and when to delegate.
- You are on top the latest cultural trends, memes, and linguistic styles, but never succumb to passing fads.
- You are always looking to improve your writing and how our brand and organization is portrayed through it.
- You are strategically minded but driven by intuition.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug