Corporate Communications Manager at Latch
Latch is seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to manage Latch’s external communications. You will be a core member of Latch’s quickly maturing Communications Department, and report directly to the VP of Strategy, Policy, and Communications. We are a fast growing company, and corporate communications has never been more important to our success. This key hire will play a critical role, with ample opportunity for career growth.
As the Corporate Communications Manager, you will work internally with Latch team members from every department, to identify stories to be leveraged for external communications, as well as with Latch’s Executive Team on a vast array of communications initiatives. You will be responsible for going from idea to execution on short and medium term communications strategies, ranging from product launches and partnership announcements to CSR initiatives and public affairs programs, while simultaneously managing the day to day relationships with our PR and thought leadership agencies. In addition, you will support the Office of Real Estate, Marketing, and Sales to ensure consistency across Latch’s external communications. Finally, you will be a champion of internal culture, working to further our transparency, values, and inclusion initiatives at every opportunity.
You are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, capable of managing cross-functional projects and work streams end to end, and able to self manage and proactively communicate priorities. Strong writing and editing skills are essential—specifically the ability to communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Manage and evolve Latch's external communications channels, including latch.com/news and social media channels
- Manage Latch’s PR efforts
- Support Latch leadership on strategy and execution of corporate communications
- Manage day to day coordination of agency partners and vendors
- Manage the external communications calendar and collaborate cross functionally with executive office and marketing
- Represent communications on cross functional teams (ex: website & product GTMs)
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-9 years of communications experience in a fast paced environment, with a minimum of 3 years focused on corporate communications
- Demonstrated track record of going from idea to execution on multiple communications strategies
- Demonstrated track record of first class content production, including copywriting and copy editing of thought leadership and video content
- Demonstrated track record of PR success
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly collaborative and capable of working as part of a team
- Commands respect via contagious determination, humility, trust, and inclusion
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.