Creative Lead - Podcaster Mission at Podcaster Mission at Spotify
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:57 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, October 22, 2020
About the Podcaster mission
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans and artists, and now podcasters. It’s always been our mission to make audio more accessible, and create a new and wonderful way for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Podcaster Mission is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for podcast creators. We have two platforms that help us do that: Anchor (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free) and Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify).
We’ve done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you'll do:
- Design; you’ll be hands-on with brand design, as well as overseeing existing design team, and take full ownership of creative work from concept through execution.
- Direct; you’ll deliver clear art direction to your peers, reports, agencies, and freelance image makers to fulfill your vision.
- Collaborate; you’ll represent the Anchor product while working with multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with program managers, product owners, producers, brand and marketing teams to create fresh and practical solutions.
- Innovate; you’ll contribute to evolving the Anchor brand as the world’s largest podcast platform, respecting our past while looking toward our future.
- Lead; you’ll be a leader within the team and across the company, evolving both your craft and communication skills.
Who you are:
- A passionate hands-on creative lead, senior visual designer and/or art director with 5-8+ years of relevant experience for a well-known brand within the tech/culture space.
- Knowledgeable of the standards and limitations associated with designing brand systems.
- A craftsperson; an expert across Adobe CS and Figma. Comfortable working with creative direction that spans many formats, including but not limited to typography, Illustration, Animation, 3D, photography, and video
- A methodical, strategic thinker who is research driven, data informed, and solution oriented. Someone who sweats the details without losing sight of the big picture.
- A self-starter, proactive, punctual, dependable, kind. A strong communicator who is comfortable discussing and receiving feedback on their work.
- Able to work both collaboratively and autonomously on a wide range of assignments.
- In it for the right reasons; you want to collaborate with a diverse group of experts to contribute to something greater than your personal portfolio.
- A podcasting / audio fan who is in tune with design and photography trends, contemporary music, and the culture that surrounds it.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Please be sure to provide any necessary passwords, we cannot advance your application without them.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.
Read Full Job Description