Creative Manager, Content at Squarespace
At Squarespace, our in-house creative department controls every aspect of how we show up in the world, from the design of our products, to our advertising campaigns and social channels. We put a premium on visual beauty and storytelling and have assembled both the tools (double-walled cyc, lighting package, video and stills equipment) and the team (writers, designers, art directors, animators, filmmakers, photographers) to deliver it.
As our team expands, we’re seeking an experienced content-focused creative who is deeply involved with both concepting and executing aesthetically driven films, photography and animation, as well as social-first content campaigns. As Content Manager (essentially a Creative Director for our content driven creative efforts), you will set the vision for projects, enforce our high standards and manage teams of multidisciplinary creatives to create and produce work. In addition, you will own the creative process for our high volume Instagram account, with the potential for additional social channels in the future, and manage the growth of the team members under you.
Successful candidates should have a portfolio that demonstrates familiarity with most of the following: filmmaking, photography, animation, social and a broad understanding of how to create and produce content-driven creative campaigns. Previous management experience is preferred, although we will also consider strong candidates who are ready to make the leap.
- 10+ years of experience as a content focused creative at agencies, studios or in-house.
- Strong understanding of steps necessary to take a project from concept to launch.
- Broad awareness of creative and technology trends.
- Excellent strategic, conceptual and executional skills.
- Impeccable taste.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate teams to create their best work.
- Experience running productions and partnering with video directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators to create on-brand work.
- Hands-on experience as a video director, photographer, editor or animator is a plus.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.