Creative Writer, Brand
We are seeking a Sr. Creative Writer to join our Brand Design team. A natural storyteller, you’ll help us amplify the Squarespace brand story through a variety of marketing projects. You’ll combine creative writing with strategic insights to craft inspiring and effective copy across a range of platforms, writing for campaigns, our brand’s frontsite, and more. This position will report directly to the Creative Director in our New York City headquarters.
- Write and edit advertising copy for display ads, OOH, print, etc.
- Write and edit copy for brand campaigns, front site and microsites
- Write and edit sharp, well-crafted headlines, sublines, body copy, and CTAs
- Blend brand voice with messaging to create copy that’s brand consistent
- Combine strategic insights with creative writing to create copy that’s effective and engaging
- Edit your own work with an exceptional eye for spelling, grammar, syntax, structure, and voice
- Collaborate cross-functionally with graphic designers and other stakeholders, leveraging colleagues’ expertise to inform copy
- 5+ years of experience working as a copywriter at an innovative company with a recognizable brand tone, or at an agency
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates a capacity for writing creative and impactful marketing copy
- An appreciation for how thoughtful copywriting and design work together to directly impact customer behavior and achieve business goals
- Self-directed with an “it’s not done until it’s perfect” attitude
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.