Curator at Vimeo
Have you ever wondered how Vimeo Staff Picks were selected? Be one of four people in the world to see how that happens, and be a part of the curation process by joining Vimeo as a Curator.
As a member of the Vimeo Curation team, you will work within Vimeo Marketing with a team of Curators to surface and celebrate the best videos, creators, and businesses by selecting Vimeo Staff Picks. As a member of our Curation team, you have an insatiable appetite for watching films and videos from leading and emerging creators, brands and small businesses and identifying and promoting quality content, fresh trends, and new talent. The successful candidate will evangelize Vimeo within the agency, film, and online video content communities, emphasizing Vimeo’s strength as the authority on all things video and always seeking the latest trends in video creation.
Our new curator will have experience in the brand/agency world, has an ability to seek out and find great brand and marketing creative, and is passionate about supporting a community of creative professionals.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in day-to-day curation of Vimeo Staff Picks and look for ways to expand curation beyond core segment video professionals, including product, social, brand vision, business videos, and more
- Assist in curation of Vimeo Categories and/or vertical channels with a focus on commercial and brand work.
- Represent Vimeo externally – attending industry events and festivals, serving on juries, giving presentations, speaking on panels
- Develop and maintain relationships with video professionals and brands who can bring great work to the open site under our key verticals
- Assist in being the first part of the content engine surfacing videos, creators and brands to the content team for Blog, Studio Tours, Creator Spotlight etc.
- Review and contextualize films on the Vimeo Blog
- Organize and maintain the Curation Team’s internal database to track and evaluate content
- Work effectively across teams and support the marketing team’s product and campaign launches and other marketing needs
- A focus of this role will be the tracking, surfacing, and tagging of new brand, commercial, and broader categories aligned with the company’s overall mission of supporting all video creators.
- Liaison to the content team and working closely with them on sourcing member success stories
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Proven history of being a self-starter, from conceptualizing new ideas to executing them
- Comfortable working collaboratively with a small, but mighty team
- Proven passion for all things video and championing creators
- Broad taste and familiarity with a diverse array of video and filmmaking styles
- Strong writing skills
- Brand/Agency background and connections strongly preferred
- Extremely organized
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Docs, etc.)
- Adept at public speaking
- Sense of humor and curiosity is a requirement
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs