As Via’s lead B2B marketing writer, a Data Journalist will create original, engaging, and data-driven content for our global organization. Your words and ideas will live across all channels including advertising, email, bylines, blog posts, whitepapers, sales collateral, and in places we haven’t even thought of yet. In collaboration with your marketing colleagues and various internal teams, the campaigns you bring to market will have a direct hand in building the brand, acquiring, and engaging new and existing partners, and telling the product story - while using thoughtful, clear, and sometimes unexpected insights. You’ll define the editorial calendar, work with our data scientists and designers to build visual content, and bring to life the Via partnerships voice in your own unique way.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional and cross-regional teams to write impactful, data-driven content that is specific and nuanced for a highly-diversified audience.
- Edit, and edit again, drafts from colleagues, improving each version while helping others find their voice and refine their own style while staying on-brand. Spot typos and grammar problems a mile away, while also editing for storytelling, clarity, and voice.
- Be curious: digging into the data and the policy, we want you to uncover insights, look at topics in a different way than what’s obvious, and then go write about it.
- Get creative: not all great ideas manifest themselves as a 800 word byline. Partnering with illustrators and web designers, invent new ways to bring your stories to life through graphics, videos, presentations, engaging web pages, interactive maps, and more.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for scaling our content, including transcreating for various languages and regions.
- Project manage a robust and ever-shifting editorial calendar, including deadlines across a team of collaborators.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to become great.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned storyteller: you bring at least 5 years B2B copywriting or content marketing experience. You’ve got a portfolio full of clips that demonstrate your command of language.
- A proud data geek: numbers excite you, and you’re comfortable diving head first into complex reports and Tableau dashboards. Your analytical expertise allows you to turn data into insights and insights into stories.
- A humble hard worker: sometimes you’ll be writing a revolutionary article backed by the coolest custom graphics and animations — sometimes you’ll be writing marketing emails and slides. No job is too big or too little.
- An adept manager: you enjoy working with and mentoring others. You’re good at giving feedback about your team’s written work as well as coaching them to present and lead.
- A WFH champ: you are self-motivated and comfortable working from your couch (for now), and don’t mind collaborating with colleagues mostly over Zoom and Slack until we can, one day, work side by side again.
- A nice person: you’re adaptable, good-natured, and not easily rattled. You’ve got a solution-oriented mindset under pressure.
- Fierce manager of time: you know the difference between the project that should take a week and the one that should take a day. And you don’t sacrifice quality along the way.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Transit evangelist: if you love transportation systems, urban planning, infrastructure, or policy, we certainly want to hear from you.
- Technical fluency: the willingness and ability to dive into CMS and marketing automation systems like WordPress, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Pardot is a big plus. If not, don’t worry — we’ll teach you anyway.
- Management or mentorship experience: if you’ve led a team of any size, or helped guide others in their careers in another way, let’s talk.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.