Developer Educator at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about teaching developers.
The Community Developer Education team raises awareness of DigitalOcean within the broader developer community by contributing approachable, high-quality learning resources on a variety of DevOps and open source topics.
We are a growing team and are looking to bring on new and talented developer educators for a variety of challenging, technical positions. All members of the Developer Education team are united by a strong technical background, an interest in teaching and helping developers, and a passion for creating the most useful learning materials possible.
If you feel that you have the background and knowledge for a developer education position, we’d love to talk to you and see where there’s a fit!What You'll Be Doing:
- Building out curricula for developers, creating new learning resources across media – including educational tutorials, interactive tutorials, and materials for presentations and hackathons – and supporting new multimedia initiatives in areas such as video
- Strategizing the best opportunities to connect with developers and students to deliver learning materials successfully
- Working collaboratively across the DigitalOcean marketing team to produce learning resources on a variety of topics related to open source and distributed infrastructure
- Researching to establish a working knowledge of each topic
- Maintaining existing resources by updating content where appropriate
- Participating in Community initiatives (feature launch prep work, strategic tasks, etc.)
- Assisting other teams with building out learning resources
- Experience teaching and presenting technical topics either in classrooms or at meetups and developer events
- Deep understanding of DevOps Engineering and / or Software Development. Formal education in Computer Science or deep independent learning in the field is a plus
- Experience in instructional design or curriculum development
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong research skills and ability to pick up new technical concepts quickly
- Interest in working on multimedia and interactive content
- Experience working closely with marketing teams (and other departments) is a plus
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!