ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time Digital Producer to ensure our newsletters and web experiences go off without a hitch. You’ll be in charge of 1) making sure our newsletters, like the Daily Skimm, reaches its millions of readers each day, 2) programming our premium web experiences, and 3) overseeing theSkimm’s product support. This role is perfect for someone eager to expand into news / media production, while interfacing with the multiple departments of a growing media company. This role will report to the Director of Product.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Gathering content and assets from various stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Editorial, etc.) to build, update, and maintain newsletter, web and app experiences.
- Entering content into our CMS and performing quality checks across web / newsletters / mobile app and coordinating cross-functionally to execute and gain sign off.
- Be the main point of contact for providing content production assistance - from time to time, after hours.
- Oversee product support, including triaging escalated queries and updating internal documentation.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of how emails are created and sent by companies, and opened by users
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Thrives under tight timelines
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), e.g. Contentful
- Experience with Customer Support tools, e.g. Zendesk
- Able to communicate effectively across all disciplines (Editorial, Marketing, Sales, Design, Engineering, etc.).
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge is a plus and a nice to have
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.