Director, Behavior Change
At Weight Watchers, we inspire healthy habits for real life. We meet our members where they are and leverage the latest nutritional and behavioral science to help them eat healthier, move more, and shift their mindset. We are a purpose-driven organization and we understand how to create community and deliver personalized services to help our members throughout every step of their journey.
We have more than 50 years of history and trust to build on, and we are leveraging technology, community, and behavior science to help more people around the world reach their goals. Our approach is science-based and evidence proven to help people lose weight and develop healthy habits to live life fully. If being part of a purpose-driven, member-focused, high-performing digital culture sounds exciting to you; we invite you to explore Weight Watchers and our open positions.
This is a very exciting opportunity to take on a role that infuses an overall science and behavior change perspective to every aspect of our members' experience. As our Director, Behavior Change, you will play a key role as a subject matter expert on behavior change for weight management and will support the organization by liaising closely with organization-wide departments and cross-functional crews to provide insight and guidance on behavior change as it relates to product(s), content and collateral.
As we continue our journey to be a data driven business, you will also partner closely with our growing Data Science and Data Analytics teams to help us understand how to use this data to further improve the experience for our 3.5 million members around the world.
- Be the internal subject matter expert on all things science/behavior related in the weight management and well-being space. This could include: providing practical insights/guidance on bringing scientific research findings and behavioral strategies to life in our content, programs and products, advice on bringing new products to market, clinical insights into the member experience , and learning and development for our Leaders who support members on their journey
- Review/create content & collateral including; presentations, training material, topic briefs, program material, website and digital content and internal communications rearing science and behavior change
- Ensure Weight Watchers continues to be at the forefront in terms of providing scientifically validated programs and products for both physical and digital environments
- Improve the efficacy of existing programs and identify opportunities to expand and grow (for example a maintenance or plateau program).
- Maintain professional relationships with a variety of experts and external bodies to ensure that Weight Watchers is always aware of new thinking in the weight management and well-being arena.
- Continue to build a network of advocates in the behavior modification, exercise physiology, public health, and nutritional fields.
- Build relationships and work seamlessly with colleagues across the company, and ensure that relationships are built with credibility and trust. Influence their thinking, tempering and enlightening when required.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the weight management field
- Relevant academic qualifications, PhD preferred but not required
- A good appreciation for science in areas of weight management via standard behavioral therapy, clinical psychology, physical activity, nutrition, public health etc.
- Hands on experience and a current knowledge of the weight loss arena; from an understanding of new techniques relating to behavior modification to direct experience working with participants in a weight management program
- Have outstanding communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written.
- Be intellectually curious and open to innovation, but maintain objectivity and challenge when necessary to ensure that the focus remains on the scientific foundation in which the brand is built.
- Able to take complex scientific principles and translate these into everyday terms and understanding
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.