Director, Brand Content Strategy at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are currently seeking a creative, hardworking, and strategically sophisticated Director, Brand Content Strategy to join our Marketing Team in New York City to help drive our brand forward during a period of significant growth. The Director, Brand Content Strategy — reporting to the Vice President, Marketing — will play a critical role in ideating content, thought leadership, and platform concepts that generate awareness, grow affinity with key audiences, and drive quantifiable results. You will partner with Demand Gen, Strategic Marketing, PR, Data Insights and more to develop comprehensive and effective content and platforms to tell the Yext story.
The ideal candidate is a doer, a creative thinker and can light up a room with their strategic thought, collaborative energy, and drive to do what’s best for the company. The successful candidate will be an exceptional written and verbal communicator, meticulous analyst, and strategic thinker who is up for a challenge.
- Create compelling editorial content across platforms to achieve the brand and business objectives
- Lead all content efforts including concepting, talent, design and production
- Develop, pitch and execute multi-channel thought-leader content to engage consumers and further the brand mission and achieve growth and engagement goals
- Act as a brand steward and interpret the content strategy across all channels including multiple newsletters, website, social, podcasting and video
- Create efficiencies and best practices for all content
- Strong, confident editorial point-of-view and ability to capture the distinct brand voice and values and implement across all platforms
- Translate our mission into creative concepts and executions consistent with the brand’s standards, aesthetic and voice, as relevant by platform.
- Review performance metrics from all marketing with a keen eye on specific KPIs
- Build consensus across business organizations and with third parties to achieve the brand’s social and content objectives
- Strong communicator able to pitch creative ideas and insights-informed strategies that align with the brand’s mission and goals
- Minimum 8 years of editorial and/or creative direction with a focus on digital, social and video content
- Proven ability to use content to drive brand equity, growth and engagement
- Deep understanding of content performance across multiple channels- including Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), Email, SEO, and Online
- Highly analytical with significant experience leading data-based decision making and distilling large amounts of data into concise stories
- Self-starter and ability to build programs from scratch: Must have a positive attitude and can't be afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.