The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
The Edge Academy is the education resource for marketers, buyers and academia to be inspired by the future of digital marketing and current industry topics. We develop video and written content for our target audiences.
The Director of Content, Learning and Development is a team leader who owns the development, design, implementation and maintenance of course content for NAMER and EMEA. This person is an expert in the programmatic space and intimately understands the industry and its players. This person is curious, willing to ask questions and has demonstrated the ability to collaborate globally across departments. Content needs to be maintained, so this person should be organized and disciplined to regularly re-visit video content with their team and keep track of where updates need to be made, then leading the implementation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Demonstrated successful team leadership in past roles
- Ability to motivate and grow a team
- Keep everyone working towards milestones and timelines across departments, anticipating possible roadblocks and proposing solutions along the way
- Guides the team when developing outlines, ensuring key points and narratives are not missed
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of The Trade Desk platform and capabilities industry topics
- Owns the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of our online learning modules, and course materials for the industry and our clients
- Owns the conversations with executive stakeholders internally and externally when preparing course content
- The first reviewer of content outlines and in the video editing process. Ensures that the content is accurate, tells the right narrative for the right audience while being as concise as possible
- Owns the creative and production briefing process for projects, ensuring we are meeting the timelines and communicating trade-offs to leadership
- Audit and evaluate course content to ensure it is current and effective, then prioritize which content needs updating first
- Onboard feedback received through surveys, interviews with stakeholders or consultations with clients. Distill this feedback into a recommendation to augment or adapt future content.
- Apply learnings and draw inspiration from the competitive landscape (their course content and marketing) to make recommendations for ways to enhance our course material and marketing our material
- Build strong, collaborative partnerships within the team and across various levels within the organization to identify and address education needs
- Using partnerships across the company, ensure the content covers the necessary material for our target audiences
- Develops trust with key stakeholders and senior leadership you are working with
- Keep up with new and innovative learning & development approaches in design, delivery and implementation methods
- Ensure all external content maintains a high level of quality, features a consistent tone and style, and supports and reinforces key messages for given audience at each stage of the sales funnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Is a team player – communicating and openly sharing learnings across the team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as business, education, organizational development or Marketing
- Experience working in programmatic trading or client services
- 8+ years' experience
- Previously managed small teams
- Detail oriented, organized, methodical, quality conscious with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Ability to travel when needed
- Experience in the industry and/or on The Trade Desk platform, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience planning and coordinating training, large meeting, or events
- Curious, love trying new teaching techniques and testing new ideas
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.