Director, Content Marketing at <intent>
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value and reward shared success over individual heroics.
We’re looking for a Director of Content Marketing to lead content marketing strategy and execution. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in all things content and channel optimization to our marketing team. You will understand our business goals and our users’ needs, then help us define a strategy that brings the two together. You will create excellent content our targets and prospects actually want, share that content with the appropriate parties and channels, and measure the results.
You are in the driver’s seat, and will collaborate closely with marketing, sales and sales ops to understand our buyers, their journeys, and the content that will drive satisfaction and sales. An exceptional track record in B2B communications, content marketing, and PR are essential. Energy, enthusiasm, and readiness to take the bull by the horns also required.
What you will do:
- Collaborate across teams to define an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan that drives sales and customer retention at reasonable cost
- Create excellent, well-written marketing content to support sales and branding goals, and localize that content by market as necessary
- Define workflows and project manage the creation of additional content and ensure that content meets high brand and editorial standards
- Own distribution plan and execution - including identifying the right channels and communication cadences
- Work with marketing manager to utilize marketing and sales automation platforms to full potential
- Manage all distribution channels including social media, email campaigns, PR outreach
- Maintain editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone, optimized for search and user experience across all channels, touch points and devices
- Manage vendors, freelancers and/or agencies as necessary to support content creation and distribution
- Conduct periodic competitive audits
- Articulate the business goal behind each piece of content or campaign created
- Create and deliver executive presentations on content marketing programs, and results
- 10+ years in content creation, content marketing, or related
- Brand, sales, and journalist mindset: you can create the content our audiences are looking for and optimize their paths to conversion
- Extensive b2b marketing content creation experience with proven results - SaaS experience a plus
- Superb communicator - excellent copywriter, able to communicate complex information in a compelling, simple way using your audience’s words
- Strong design talent - skilled at using information hierarchy, imagery and design to clearly communicate a message
- Global experience - know what steps to take to localize materials for a global brand
- Experienced in working with sales teams - able to define buyer journeys/empathy maps, and develop content plans based on those journeys and our organizational goals
- Data-driven - experienced at designing measurement practices, reporting on content marketing performance, and using performance metrics to optimize strategies
- Familiar with automation - understanding of marketing and sales automation tools like SalesForce and Pardot
- SEO versed - strong understanding of SEO, necessary content categorization and structure
- Social-media guru: versed in best practices of primary social media channels + email
- Resourceful - able to source agencies, vendors, freelancers, designers as needed to support content creation
- Collaborative - able to work extremely well with others to establish and create goals
- Driven, self-starter - excited by start-ups and growth stage environments, passionate about wrestling things to the ground, and not happy waiting for someone to tell you exactly what to do
- Cross-channel storyteller - Able to tell stories using words, images, or audio. Know when to use which type.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Docs.)
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), CRM (Wordpress), social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) marketing applications (Pardot, Hootsuite), Google enterprise
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!