Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Department: Marketing and Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Marketing and Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines research, data, brand marketing, acquisition and retention tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Director of Content, Nifty Gateway
You will be responsible for the development and ongoing acquisition of new content for Nifty Gateway. You will nurture professional relationships and constantly be on the lookout for new opportunities for Nifty Gateway to engage with creators and corporate partners. You will work with other internal teams to ensure the seamless execution of creator content programs.
You have an understanding of creator industry dynamics and economics including creator platforms, emerging content formats and the online creator/art space. You will be excited by the opportunity to shape the future of Nifty’s relationships and content in the face of ambitious growth plans.
- Work with cross functional partners including Marketing, Partnerships and Legal in facilitating opportunities for creators
- Help to set high level strategic vision for content across the platform and across multiple verticals
- Plan and execute on new creator acquisition strategy, curating creator/content that fits well with the vision for Nifty’s brand
- Leverage your extensive professional network to build a culturally diverse roster of creators to engage with both US and international clients
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with the creator community - set procedures and standards for our producer team, and handle escalations as necessary
- Understand and communicate technical requirements with creators, assisting their teams in finding the best formats and mechanisms to make their work successful
- Help to negotiate agreements with creators and corporate partners, be comfortable upholding legal standards
- Lead Artist and Partner Relations; including on-boarding process, communication, and management.
- Direct and coordinate scheduling efforts for creators amongst producers, marketing, and engineering teams
- Experience with strategic goals of traditional and new media landscapes, including social and content streaming platforms
- 7+ years of experience in music, art, or entertainment spaces
- Senior Management Experience both with people and strategic management
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to navigate strategic uses of NFT technology
- Outstanding brand sensibilities and the ability to both define and communicate the brand
- Strong passion for creating a disruptive and revolutionary platform for the art space and creator ecosystem as a whole
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated track record of leading and negotiating successful partnerships
- Previous experience in a startup environment is a plus
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.