Director of Content, Nifty Gateway at Gemini
About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Department: Creative Team at Nifty Gateway
The Nifty Gateway Creative Team has perhaps the most important job at the entire company. They are solely responsible for selecting and releasing all of the art that we present on the Nifty Gateway platform. We work directly with artists and build a relationship with each and every artist that we present. Our approach is personal and unique to each artist that appears on our platform.
The Role: Director of Content, Nifty Gateway
You will be responsible for the development and ongoing acquisition of new content for Nifty Gateway. You will nurture professional relationships and constantly be on the lookout for new opportunities for Nifty Gateway to engage with creators and corporate partners. You will build a framework for artist selection and artist development that is data driven and objective, but that still leaves room for new artists to enter the mix.
You have an understanding of creator industry dynamics and economics including creator platforms, emerging content formats and the online creator/art space. You will be excited by the opportunity to shape the future of Nifty’s relationships and content in the face of ambitious growth plans.
- Create an artist framework. Clearly define the criteria that we look for when trying to decide which artists we want to onboard onto the platform, as well as the pricing of an artists work
- Approach the challenges we face with an objective, data driven approach, while also incorporating subjective feedback and being open minded
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with the creator community - set procedures and standards for our producer team, and handle escalations as necessary
- Understand and communicate technical requirements with creators, assisting their teams in finding the best formats and mechanisms to make their work successful
- Help to negotiate agreements with creators and corporate partners, be comfortable upholding legal standards
- Lead Artist and Partner Relations; including on-boarding process, communication, and management.
- Direct and coordinate scheduling efforts for creators amongst producers, marketing, and engineering teams
- Experience with strategic goals of traditional and new media landscapes, including social and content streaming platforms
- 4+ years of experience in music, art, or entertainment spaces
- Senior Management Experience both with people and strategic management
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to navigate strategic uses of NFT technology
- A history of gathering data and using data to drive decisions
- Outstanding brand sensibilities and the ability to both define and communicate the brand
- Strong passion for creating a disruptive and revolutionary platform for the art space and creator ecosystem as a whole
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated track record of leading and negotiating successful partnerships
- Previous experience in a startup environment is a plus
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.