Director of International Programming at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Work with insights and strategy stakeholders to create research briefs that inform your platform-wide strategy for content in key markets, which includes topic priorities for each market, editorial tone, formats, and teacher attributes that will resonate with users in those markets.
- Develop market-specific programming plans, content calendars, and talent recommendations for internally produced educational and inspirational content in Video and Live formats.
- Guide local teams on finding, securing, and managing high-caliber talent, developing deal structures, and production processes for each market.
- Develop playbooks and QA processes to ensure global content reflects Skillshare’s standards while also remaining relevant in key markets.
- Work with the centralized team to systemize the gathering and application of insights into global content - from strategy through to launch plans to optimization.
- Work cross-functionally to connect the content strategy to community-building, marketing, and product roadmaps.
Why we're excited about you:
- You are a domain expert in content strategy, development, and video production.
- You’ve developed or managed video content production in markets outside of North America
- You have strong editorial sensibilities with an innate ability to craft an inspiring, informative, and educational narrative.
- You’ve managed distributed teams of producers, writers, and/or editors.
- You are a natural relationship builder and savvy researcher with an eye for what makes great content in many different forms.
- You’re comfortable in matrixed org structures, and are adept at advocating for your strategic recommendations.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Your work will have a direct impact on our growth in key markets, helping to drive acquisition through high-caliber talent partnerships and engagement through topics that resonate with users’ needs and interests in those markets.
- Growth: Our team is expanding and our business is going global, and you’ll be a key driver in this growth.
- Variety: You’ll work on a wide range of topics, for a wide range of audiences (you will never be bored).
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.