Director of Research, CPG & Retail
Passionate about following consumer trends, everything from the latest hot direct-to-consumer startup to retail technology to the growth of Amazon’s grocery business? Smart enough to help predict which emerging trends will flourish and which will fade (using data and not your gut)? Are you a proven leader? Are you able to help a team package insights into readable, visually engaging, and understandable research content? If yes, keep reading.Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a team of hungry and smart analysts who have created industry-leading research on consumer & tech trends. This includes handling research calendar for the team and assignment queues across public, syndicated, and custom research deliverables.
- Edit data-driven research and reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends and analyze the momentum of consumer companies as well as innovation by CPG and retail incumbents.
- Help align the team’s work with the interests of our clients and prospects. In some instances, you will have to develop and give client and prospective client presentations to discuss market trends in consumer businesses.
- Help the team understand and develop forward-looking analyses and insights for top consumer areas including consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, retail, logistics, and consumer services (travel, hospitality, etc.).
- Support PR requests with data and category knowledge
- You should be passionate and knowledgeable about technology and have some background in adjacent disciplines such as venture capital, corporate strategy, corporate finance, and M&A
- Writing experience a requirement – can be within the fields of market research, equity research, vertical journalism, or consulting in CPG, retail, technology, or related area
- Expertise within consumer industry or researching the industry
- 12+ years leading a team and a research pipeline
- Comfort in private and public markets including public company financial metrics/ratios
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to clients/prospects as an authority on the business and the category
- Ability to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
- 4H's: Happy, Helpful, Humble and Hungry
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!