Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies that rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
As a Writing Director at Work & Co, you will oversee writing across multiple brands and multiple products while collaborating closely with designers, developers, strategists, and product managers. You will be involved in all aspects of brand definition and product development, from initial concepting through final execution and delivery.
Your writing will shape brand strategies and user interfaces, define product value propositions, and clarify brand messaging. You should be comfortable with a variety of writing tasks, including tone of voice guidelines, onboarding flows, messaging strategy, UX writing, and content design.
What You Will Do
- Deliver clean, professional copy that is true to brand voice and communicates powerful product narratives for clients.
- Work in Figma, Sketch, and other similar tools to collaborate with the design team.
- Take complicated challenges and translate them into compelling, engaging, clear brand stories that are understandable and interesting.
- Help produce best-in-class digital brands and product user experiences.
- Collaborate with team members to develop consistent messaging.
- Champion the writing discipline internally and with clients.
- Manage other writers and improve their skills through regular mentorship.
- Help product managers properly staff and scope.
We Are Looking For
- 10+ years copywriting for websites, apps, and other digital products for premium brands.
- Proven ability to write professionally for a wide variety of audiences and industries.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating deep experience across different platforms.
- A passion for and knowledge of online technology and related technology and products, as well as business trends.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.