Distressed Debt Reporter at Reorg
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:47 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are hiring a Distressed Debt Reporter to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing startups. This reporter will be responsible for breaking news on distressed borrowers and will collaborate with a team of journalists as well as financial and legal analysts.
The reporter will primarily cover corporate credit, focus on leveraging market sources to identify companies with near-term restructuring triggers, and provide Reorg subscribers with value-add intelligence on in-and out-of court restructurings and post-reorg situations.
- Break news on distressed debt borrowers across America
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Develop and maintain contacts in the credit market as well as with financial advisors, investment bankers and restructuring lawyers
- Attend relevant conferences and events
- Experienced journalist covering credit markets and/or bankruptcy
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple priorities
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description