Distressed Debt Reporter at Reorg
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:13 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, March 6, 2021
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and advisory firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We are hiring a Distressed Debt Reporter to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing companies. This reporter will be responsible for breaking news on leveraged and distressed borrowers and will collaborate with a team of journalists, as well as financial and legal analysts.
The reporter will primarily cover corporate credit, focus on leveraging market sources to identify companies suffering financial stress or with near-term restructuring triggers, and provide Reorg subscribers with value-add intelligence on in- and out-of-court restructurings and post-reorg situations.
They will also draw on industry sources to provide insight on changes in the regulatory and legal environment and their potential impact on credits under coverage.
Find out more about Reorg here: https://reorg.com/products/americas/
What we offer
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
- Break news on leveraged and distressed debt borrowers
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Develop and maintain buyside contacts in the credit market as well as financial advisors, investment bankers and restructuring lawyers
- Attend industry specific conferences and events
- 2+ years’ experience covering the credit markets and/or bankruptcy
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- An interest in and understanding of the fixed income market, with appreciation of its nuances.
- Action Oriented
- Customer First Mindset
- Effective Team Players
- Driven To Excel
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description