Domain Expert, Copyeditor - Finance
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has experience writing in a deadline-oriented atmosphere. You are passionate about news, international relations, and have high editorial and journalism standards! You will be part of our newest team based in New York!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business Journalism, English, Economics, International Relations, or Political Science
- Experience desired: New graduate or 1-3 years experience
- Previous experience as a copyeditor/sub editor is preferred
- Thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of, and interest in, business and financial news, including (but not limited to) earnings reports, mergers and acquisitions, the latest tech developments, and relevant political and geopolitical developments
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities expeditiously
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly with a keen eye for detail
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Ability to work weekends when required
- Financial or business journalism experience is desirable
- Foreign language proficiency in at least one of the following: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese, Russian would be an added bonus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.