About the role…
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class content that helps readers get their money goals done right. The Editorial Director will oversee all personal finance content at Policygenius, including our flagship financial newsletter, and build new content initiatives with the goal of expanding our editorial brand and establishing Policygenius as a leading voice in personal finance. This role will report to the GM of Content.
In this role, you will…
- Lead strategy and operations for our Easy Money newsletter and blog, including content strategy, editorial planning and production, and audience growth
- Oversee our larger content strategy for personal finance content, including our verticals on taxes, mortgages, investing, and retirement
- Extend our brand reach by developing new editorial tentpoles, special features, multimedia content and other programs and campaigns that attract email subscribers, social followers, backlinks and media coverage, in concert with direct reports and the larger Content team as well as cross-functional partners
- Ensure that Policygenius maintains a distinctive voice, tone and perspective in the crowded personal finance space
- Manage, mentor and motivate team members to produce high-quality content and meet core business goals
- Partner closely with the Marketing team on distribution and acquisition as well as additional campaigns and initiatives to support company goals
- Work with senior leaders to set, track and achieve ambitious goals for audience growth, retention and monetization
- Make data-informed decisions about content and audience strategy
- Support and collaborate on the overall Policygenius content marketing strategy
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have 8+ years of experience in editorial, journalism or content marketing; newsletter experience preferred and SEO experience a plus
- You’re a thoughtful manager with a history of successfully building and leading editorial teams; you’ve developed and inspired people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You have a proven track record of growing a consumer audience and driving engagement while meeting commercial revenue goals
- You're collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you thrive working cross-functionally
- You’re equally comfortable setting big-picture strategy and rewriting a subject line or lede
- You’re up-to-date on digital media trends and platforms — and love trying to game them!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!