Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Policygenius' Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Engagement Editor will report to the Senior Content Marketing Manager and work closely with the customer relationship management (CRM) team and the broader marketing department to create and deliver best-in-class email newsletters and increase our subscriber list through creative email acquisition strategies.
- Build and distribute our weekly newsletter, monitor and maintain the health of our editorial email list and conduct A/B testing for headlines, story order and more
- Pitch, plan and test email acquisition initiatives for our audience, including content conversion, sweepstakes, referral programs, social campaigns, content swaps and more
- Seek out and onboard new content distribution partners
- Assist other members of the content team with writing and editing as needed — teamwork makes the dream work!
- 3+ years experience in digital media, preferably in audience development, business development, email marketing, partnerships or similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on projects with multiple stakeholders and engage with outside partners
- Curiosity about our audience and excitement to experiment with ways to reach them
- Experience with a variety of marketing and data tech tools, including email (Iterable, MailChimp, etc.) and analytics (Google Analytics, Excel, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for email newsletters, social networking and emerging content distribution channels
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)