At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for an experienced Freelance Content Researcher to join our growing team. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This is a freelance position. This position is open to U.S. and non-U.S. applicants, but English fluency is required. We are looking for availability between 20-35 hours per week, which can take place at your own schedule. Payment is on a per brief basis, ranging from $10-$15 per brief, commensurate with experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating briefs for new content, as well as briefs to suggest improvements to previously published articles. Through keyword research and competitive analysis, you will be creating comprehensive guidelines, including suggested headlines, meta data, subheadings, and priority keywords that will be shared with writers and editors.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing content briefs for new content and article updates
- Writing briefs for on-page assets such as illustrations or photography
- Creating guidelines for various content categories (ex: Top 10 Lists, How-to articles)
- Reviewing existing articles on a variety of home topics and flagging outdated information or visuals
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online
- Performing relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- Keyword Research
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Content Briefs
- Content Audits & Gap Analysis Reports
- Performance Reporting
- 1+ years of experience with creating and/or editing English speaking content for the web.
- SEO knowledge and experience required.
- Demonstrates a track record of improving content for the web and a passion for researching and creating content.
- Experience with industry tools and analytics required: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
- A degree in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position may pay between $15 - $20 per hour OR $10 - $15 per brief
- This is a freelance position and does not qualify for company-sponsored benefits