For the 57 million freelancers (36% of the US workforce), the administrative burden of self-employment is a full-time job that doesn't pay. Wingspan is developing the first one-stop shop for knowledge-based freelancers that streamlines income, benefits, and taxes -- think Justworks for freelancers. We've assembled a world-class team that has the HR, technology, and insurance expertise to execute this vision and build Wingspan into a big business with significant impact.The Role
We are seeking a freelance copywriter to support Wingspan’s editorial content. You would be provided with content briefs based on Wingspan’s content calendar, and work closely with both Wingspan’s Brand Marketing Lead and CEO. In this role, you would also be encouraged to propose new content ideas that fit Wingspan’s brand and membership.Your Contribution
- Kickstart Wingspan’s editorial content
- Highlight the voice of our members and the needs of the broader freelancing community through storytelling and educational content
- Provide fresh, on brand copy on a consistent basis
The ideal candidate is a strong creative writer and / or reporter. You approach each story from a human point of view and support it with facts. You are detail oriented and an excellent communicator. Deadlines are no problem for you.
- Copywriting experience for a fast-paced B2C startup or agency experience
- Background in creative writing or journalism
- Experience writing clear and compelling copy for channels that include, but are not limited to: email, blogs and websites
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage project stakeholders and timelines
- Excellent grammar
- Ability to write in a brand voice
- Experience writing on Medium
- Portfolio available for review
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our values guide why and how we do what we do (see below). We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
We are focused on serving the evolving needs of our members. This means building new products and services that actually help our members work the way they want to live.
We challenge the prevailing assumption that choosing to work for yourself means living with uncertainty and chaos. Wingspan strives to provide freelancers with confidence, stability and flexibility through a transformative experience that surprises and delights.
We believe the old paradigm of work has not kept up with the needs of the growing independent workforce. We designed Wingspan to be the modern essentials (everything) our members need, all in one place.
We are stronger together. With the shared experience of working independently, we understand the value in building a common community that can advocate, connect, and support one another.
We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides. Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to reimagine the future of work and money!