The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Freelance Editor
Gemini is looking for a remote editor to join our growing team. As Freelance Content Editor, you will review and revise articles to make sure they align with our brand voice, improve the user experience and drive traffic to our educational portal. The role of the Editor is to edit compelling educational content that explains cryptocurrency and related topics to broad audiences. You make understanding complex topics easy. You will oversee, manage, and guide a group of freelance writers in developing crypto educational content categories.
This is a remote position, but applicants must be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 35 hours). The rate is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter (see application fields below). Please attach four clips for us to review that demonstrate your subject matter expertise and writing skills; links and pdfs are both acceptable.
- Review, edit, proofread, structure, and fact-check existing articles on a wide variety of topics and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify opportunities to improve content for style, substance, and SEO performance
- Serve as main gate-keeper for quality control and consistency of quality and style across content deliverables
- At times you may be asked to roll up your sleeves and develop and write content yourself
- Proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree (with a focus in Communications, English, Journalism) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-15 years experience as a writer and editor, preferably in cryptocurrency and blockchain, technology, security, or financial services industry/regulated environment
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is strongly preferred: technical analysis, cryptocurrency trading, cryptocurrency tokens, cryptocurrency regulation, digital asset security, crypto industry news (e.g. DeFi, NFTs).
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Proven excellence in writing and editing
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with, and build trusted relationships, with internal teams successfully
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines, deliverables, and writers simultaneously
- Preference for those with experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with experience executing programs on deadline, accurately, efficiently and with an attention to detail
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!