Freelance OverDrive Specialist
Position Summary: MLB Network seeks an OverDrive Specialist with a comprehensive understanding of television programming and a strong working knowledge of control room automation software, production switchers, cameras, monitors, audio consoles, and associated tools. The candidate must have excellent technical and communication skills.
- Direct (call), switch video, and mix audio for live on-air programming and live to-tape shows on the Ross OverDrive control room automation system.
- Code show rundowns in ENPS.
- Direct technical aspects of various productions, checking and switching between video sources or multi-camera remotes, and taking responsibility for the on-air product.
- Set-up and control multiple broadcast devices via OverDrive, including, but not limited to robotic cameras, graphics engines, teleprompters, phoners, routers, and audio consoles.
- Test equipment prior to production in order to ensure proper operation.
- Monitor broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station or network policies.
- Submit post-show operational and technical summary reports, specifically citing issues which need to be addressed in short order.
- Assign tasks to workers engaged in technical operation and production of broadcast and streaming programs.
- Coordinate show execution with graphics, camera, audio, video, and teleprompter operators among other roles during the production.
- Follow Overdrive operation SOP’s. Assist in the creation/testing of SOP’s as required.
- Other such duties as required.
It is expected that the OverDrive Specialist will maintain and increase knowledge in the Operations discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 3+ years’ live television production experience is preferred.
- Overdrive operation experience is required.
- Significant knowledge of television production, advertising, or similar media delivery.
- Experience running a television production switcher or control room automation system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at remote locations including the MLB Office of the Commissioner, MLB Advanced Media, and the MLB Ballpark Camera Operation.
- Must be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Possess the visual acuity to work for extended periods of time to produce required content.
- Possess auditory acuity to effectively listen to instructions via Riedel system, phones, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, edit equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required.