Freelance Photo Editor at Angi (Remote)
At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for an experienced Freelance Photo Editor to join our growing team. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This is a freelance position. This position is open to U.S. and non-U.S. based applicants, but English fluency is required. We are looking for a photo editor who can commit to 20-35 hours per week, which can be completed at your own schedule.
The freelance Photo Editor will work to elevate the look and feel of our content, ensure visuals match brand guidelines, and perform basic photo edits. You have the natural ability and understanding of how images play a broader role in storytelling.
You will work closely with Content Editors and Producers to select relevant stock images for content. You are expected to source imagery using our approved platform(s) (Adobe Stock, Getty and Shutterstock).
What you will do :
- Read drafted content to understand the broader story and layout images to support the content.
- Curate photo selection from approved stock image platforms (such as Adobe Stock) in line with brand guidelines.
- Submit image assignments on deadline.
- Complete necessary image edits (resizing, cropping, blurring, adjusting image brightness/contrast, etc.).
- Provide proper credits and sourcing information to display alongside published images, ensuring all imagery is properly licensed.
- Follow image optimization best practices as it relates to digital media and SEO.
- Replace and update old imagery as part of content revisions.
- Maintain a library of saved images for tracking and cataloging.
- Identifying interior designers, architects, and interiors photographers as potential creative partners and managing outreach and contract process.
- Work closely with Brand, UX and Editorial to understand their visual asset needs.
- Demonstrable track record of sourcing high-quality branded images for digital content.
- 2+ years of photography, graphic design or related creative experience (in house or agency).
- At least one year of experience in print or digital media preferred.
- Experience with Photoshop required.
- Experience with Adobe Stock, Getty, Shutterstock, or related platform required.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position may pay between $25-$35 per hour.
- This is a freelance position and does not qualify for employer-sponsored benefits.