Freelance Technical Director at Major League Baseball
Position Summary: MLB Network seeks a Freelance Technical Director with experience operating large-format switchers in a live multi-camera studio environment.
- Effectively switch live and taped programming as assigned.
- Efficiently build basic video effects as assigned.
- React quickly and accurately to commands/required changes in a fast-paced, high pressure production environment.
- Test equipment and effects in order to ensure proper operation.
- Following instructions from Production Managers and Directors during assigned shows.
- Other such duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of large-format production switchers.
- Experience with Grass Valley Kayenne switcher preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to consistently precisely follow documented standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of newsroom computer systems (ENPS, iNEWS), video servers, production routers, matrix intercoms, and graphics workflows a plus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, twist, kneel for extended periods of time.
- Possess the manual dexterity to effectively operate keyboard/mouse on computers, video equipment, etc.
- Possess the visual acuity needed to effectively create required work product.
- Possess the auditory acuity needed to effectively create required work product.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.