Global Lighting Designer, Content at Peloton
Peloton’s Content Department, composed of our Production, Studio Operations, and Instructor teams, works 365 days a year to deliver a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content to our members. We are a highly collaborative, fast-moving department that focuses on evolving our innovative programming. We’re looking for a polished, experienced lighting designer to oversee concept development and implementation of associated lighting elements related to Peloton’s fitness programming output. Experienced in managing lighting teams around design & technology. Passionate about consumer experience and relationship building while fostering a strong desire for new challenges and maximum business performance.
- Collaborate closely with: Senior Director of Production Design, Executive Producers and Content Leadership team to align on strategic creative goals and objectives, Production Operations team to ensure successful execution of creative ideas
- Provide world-class lighting concepts and execution of daily live class content, off line shoots and social media productions and Peloton special events.
- Develop global brand standards for studio lighting, internally lit set elements, camera blocking and ensure adherence to such standards
- Setup, program, adjust and strike lighting, sets as needed; create ongoing schedule of repair and maintenance of lighting equipment. Responsible for all aspects of Peloton’s creative entertainment research & implementation for services & technology
- Ensures a safe, consistent and innovative operation of lighting, rigging and equipment
- Drive alignment with cross functional production teams and participate in entertainment level strategy discussions.
- Work with all content divisions (art/design/ technical/production) and external partners to complete designs from start to finish.
- Responsible for the development of employees, including training, coaching, mentoring and career development opportunities.
- Influence departmental collaboration & maintain external business relationships with vendors.
- Oversee and continually develop new strategies to improve or maintain cutting edge technology for the studio and departmental lighting organization, lighting equipment, maintenance of lighting equipment, electrical equipment and lighting control systems.
- Oversee creative lighting direction for live show production, offline shoots and social media productions.
- Works with production management to develop timelines for all production lighting setups and installs.
- Develops lighting materials and labor budgets for non event, event and remote productions.
- Experienced lighting designer with 10+ years experience working in a daily, live multi camera broadcast environment.
- Must be passionate about innovative technology and how it supports lighting design
- True cross-functional collaborator, open to feedback and able to provide quick solutions to business problems
- Experience managing a project from start to finish and ability to hit all deadlines.
- Must be very organized with sharp attention to detail.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a fast pace 24/7 environment including early mornings, nights and weekends. Schedule will shift based on production’s weekly priorities.
- Experience designing lighting for a multi camera broadcast environment.
- Deep understanding with digital lighting systems, video wall, media servers and electrical infrastructure
- Proficient using 2d/3d lighting design CAD software; Vectorworks or Wisywig preferred
- 3D lighting previsualization experience
- Experience using Lightwright software to generate lighting paperwork
- Advanced knowledge of ETC lighting consoles and X-key systems or equivalent
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
- Must be able to travel outside of the US for business purposes
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.