GM of Content at Policygenius
About the role…
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class personal finance and insurance content. Today, our content team of 20+ helps over 1 million monthly visitors. The GM of Content will be responsible for our overall content product strategy and the team that delivers on this strategy. Their goal will be to continue to develop Policygenius into one of the leading content brands in the personal finance space and continue to grow the contribution content makes to Policygenius’ revenue. This role will report to our co-founder.
In this role, you will…
- Create a clear and compelling medium and long-term vision and strategy for our content product
- Own P&L responsibility for our content organization with the goal of scaling the contribution that content makes to our bottom line
- Manage, and scale, our team across our SEO and editorial properties, audience development, and monetization to meet core business goals
- Own the overall monetization strategy of our content, ensuring alignment across key stakeholders, initiatives, partnerships and performance metrics
- Ideate, create and creatively distribute new content properties, series, features and campaigns for email, social and digital channels in concert with direct reports
- Work with senior leaders to set, track and achieve goals for audience growth and retention
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have 10+ years of experience in content and at least 2+ years in a GM equivalent role managing high-performing content organizations that saw significant growth: 1m+ MUV or $10m+ in revenue
- You have a proven track record of growing an audience, including significant SEO experience, and driving engagement while meeting commercial revenue goals
- You have a history of successfully scaling and managing teams; demonstrated skill developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You foster a collaborative work environment via strong listening and communication skills
- You have knowledge of digital media trends and platforms — and a penchant for gaming them!
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or Marketing a plus!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!