Noom Inc., a leader in mobile health coaching, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, and obesity to name a few), reaching more than 45 million users worldwide, and transforming millions of lives.
Our content plays a pivotal role in our behavior change platform - participants in our program can only succeed through the self-awareness, knowledge, and psychological understanding that our curricula deliver. Our users love the uniqueness and impact of our content, and we need to build a team that can scale content innovation and production along with our company. This is where you come in.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a vision of what a content organization at Noom should look like, including the teams that are experts in language, pedagogy, content presentation, subject matter knowledge, and production. Then, build and lead that organization.
- Craft a long-term vision for content at Noom that combines these elements into a best-in-class differentiator for our company. Look for opportunities to leverage content into a strategic moat for Noom.
- Direct a team that can expand content output to new courses, conditions, demographics, locales, user preferences (e.g. diet-specific) and/or situations
- Serve as a champion for content within Noom, be a representative to the executive team, and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments like the Product, Engineering and Operations teams.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in content, production, publishing, or entertainment related roles
- 3+ years in a content role at a technology- or digital-focused company, preference for experience and education background involving teaching; psychology; and/or health.
- Good user instincts - experience working with design, product, and engineering teams
- Able to craft a broad vision for an area that’s grounded in/guided by real data. Can identify how content fits into a company’s strategy and larger goals.
- Very strong critical thinking and analysis skills. Ability to take an ambiguous problem, use data-informed brainstorming, identify goals and clear metrics, and drive a team to deliver on those goals.
- Strong sense of what great content looks like when you see it. Sound intuition of what people prefer to consume; and a sense of how to make mundane and dry material, fun to consume.