Clear Street is an early-stage fintech startup that’s growing fast. We have a lot of stories to tell about how and why we’re building a better brokerage experience from the ground up, and why the cloud is the solution to the accumulated shortcomings of mainframe-based clearing. We have big plans for how we’re going to improve the financial markets, and equally big plans for the ways we want to tell these stories, from books to tutorials to blog posts to website copy.
We are a collection of highly experienced individuals who have all been in these roles before. From management to technology to engineering to client services, the people leading Clear Street bring a wealth of first-hand knowledge to their roles. We need someone with a similar depth of professional know-how. As the editorial lead, you will engage with colleagues who have contributed to the evolution of fintech software over decades; who have earned billions for their clients; who have founded, sold, and bought companies; and who have led compliance, marketing, and other roles at formidable organizations. We need someone who can sit at the table with these peers and do for editorial what they do for their efforts.
At Clear Street, we are continuously investing in a culture that promotes camaraderie. We help each other through challenges, and celebrate each other's successes. Be part of that team.
As the first editorial hire at Clear Street, you will:
- Bring years of experience in finance editorial to our efforts.
- Build and manage a team of informed writers, storytellers, and editors.
- Help us define the future of prime.
- Shape the way we tell our story.
- Do writing yourself.
- Lead Clear Street editorial across the company.
- Measure results and hit business goals.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with Marketing, Compliance, Product, etc.
- You should have at least 10 years of experience in journalism, content, or a related field.
- You’re a capital markets geek.
- You’ve led content/editorial teams.
- You’ve built a team/operation from scratch.
- You’re able to manage numerous simultaneous ongoing projects.
- You have produced a wide array of content, from longform and in-depth, to news items, to thought pieces, to concise product feature descriptions.
- You are an excellent editor of language, with a professional’s eye for grammar as much as for narrative.
Nice to have:
- Experience editing books.
- A network of writers you can draw from immediately.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Room to innovate, solve complex business problems and build new products
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks