BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a full-time editor who can write and edit home and gardening articles for the BuzzFeed shopping team. The editor should expect to use and share personal experience in those subjects within their work. Did you install your own kitchen backsplash? Are you currently renovating your guest bathroom? Do you have a chicken coop in the backyard? Can you flawlessly paint trim without painter’s tape? Share your houseplant hacks with the BuzzFeed audience!
"BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least September 2021, but we will consider all candidates who are legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. While this role will be tied to our NYC HQ or LA, and being based in these locations are ideal for the eventual return to our office (which, we promise, is really awesome), we are open to considering applicants outside of these area and encourage you to apply even if you are unable to relocate.
- Write, assign out, and edit well-researched home and gardening (both indoor and outdoor) stories with tips and/or affiliate product links throughout. These stories will embody a service to our readers while helping them buy the tools and materials to execute their home projects.
- Help vet and oversee potential partnerships, editorial opportunities with home and gardening affiliate partners.
- Monitor and use traffic and affiliate data to pitch new story ideas and projects.
- Follow our Shopping team’s best practices and meet our editorial standards by writing in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
- Experience and a demonstrated passion for home and gardening subjects.
- Willingness to share your own projects with the BuzzFeed audience.
- Previous experience writing lists and shopping content, plus editing stories by both staff and freelancers.
- The ability to clearly describe projects and techniques, plus products in both an entertaining and descriptive way.
- Previous affiliate and management experience is a big plus.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.