Instructional Designer II at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHO WE ARE → Most up-to-date content hyperlinked below
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more...
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Instructional Designer for Global SMB, you'll write and produce courses and learning resources for our SMB (small and midsize businesses) business unit in order to help them onboard faster and get more value out of Braze throughout their time as a customer.
You’ll work with a team of learning and creative professionals to build effective, visually engaging courses, and learning aids. The ability to organize information and communicate ideas with designers and video producers is key.
You will create learning experiences to help some of our fastest-moving and most agile customers. Our SMB segment includes many high-growth Series A and Series B companies that use Braze to build their businesses. Your will help them learn the building blocks of our platform and develop next-gen marketing strategy. Working as part of the Customer Education team, you'll be exposed to creative projects across our training ecosystem, including documentation, e-learning, instructor-led training, and certifications.
- Partnering with our content research team and subject matter experts across Braze to develop an industry-leading learning experience for our SMB customer segment
- Creating learning experiences that accelerate customer time to value by making new customer onboarding easier
- Developing learning experiences on marketing strategy, product training, tech partners, and more
- Using data to understand what drives SMB customer outcomes and create experiments to improve key metrics
- Solicit reviews from stakeholders and SMEs
- Review others’ content for clarity and provide feedback
- Update and maintain content at frequent intervals
- Define and write effective assessments
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 7+ years experience with developing technical software training
- You have the ability to scope and manage the day-to-day work of projects independently with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You pay meticulous attention to detail when creating and proof-reading content
- You take feedback well and give it constructively
- Abilities required:
- Ability to analyze existing content for its instructional value
- Ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud for Creating and Managing Assets
- Experience with Skilljar
- Familiarity with marketing and the martech landscape
- Coming from a SaaS background
- Interview Requirements:
- Bring samples of previous work
- Be prepared for a take-home assignment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office (when we return to the office!), including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.