About the role….
Do premiums and coverage amounts get your blood flowing? Are you passionate about making financial education accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read? Then you belong on the Policygenius content team.
The Insurance Editor will write and edit a library of best-in-class educational content for our life insurance and disability insurance verticals. This role will report to the Managing Editor and work closely with our Director of SEO Content to grow organic search traffic to our content. The Insurance Editor will play a key part in supporting Policygenius’ mission to help Americans get the financial protection they need and feel good about it.
In this role, you will…
- Research, write and edit the best life and disability insurance explainer content on the internet
- Pitch and execute exciting new content initiatives to help grow our life and disability insurance library
- Collaborate with our Managing Editors and SEO team on content strategy
- Refresh and optimize our existing content in line with our plan to improve search rankings, grow organic traffic and increase conversion rates
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 3+ years of experience writing/editing personal finance content; insurance-specific experience a plus
- You’re both analytical and editorial — you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and clear
- You’re familiar with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- You’re comfortable collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as SEO and Marketing
- You know where to track down industry reports & resources to support your writing
- You think outside the box when it comes to content and can come up with fresh and creative ideas for covering complex and difficult-to-digest topics
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!