Junior Photographer, Creative at Rent the Runway (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Junior E-commerce Photographer to work closely with a team of Producers, Stylists, and Retouchers to produce high-quality imagery in a high volume, fast-paced work environment. This role will require the Photographer to possess a strong technical knowledge of camera hardware and capturing software and full comprehension of modern studio lighting schemes, fashion trends and the importance of an acute attention to detail. Candidate must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and enthusiastic. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of studio experience in an e-commerce and/ or luxury photo studio environment. Candidates must submit a portfolio along with a resume to be considered and must have demonstrated fashion experience and passion.
Website must be included at the top of the cover letter and resume. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- On a daily basis, produce the highest quality photography for Women’s On-Figure, On-Form, and Accessory product sets, working closely with the Styling team for Rent the Runway’s e-commerce shoots
- Set up of photo studios – lighting set ups, set builds
- Ability to photograph product based on guidelines
- Partner with stylists to meet productivity expectations
- Excellent on-set communication and teamwork skills
- File management and file delivery to workflow standards
- Technical troubleshooting
- Assessments of equipment, expendables, and future planning
- Maintain photo equipment and organization of studios
- Meet creative and operational standards, and strive for constant improvement
- Partner with freelance team members to assure consistency
- Take part in self driven test shoots to develop skill sets
- Ad-hoc special projects as required.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in photography or combined 2+ years of experience in a studio environment.
- You have a strong desire to contribute in a highly collaborative environment and promote the collective output of the studio team with positivity and a passionate work ethic.
- You are familiar with Capture One Pro including proficiency in checking for proper ISA, Camera format, ICC profile, setting and adjusting clothing colors and setting output settings correctly.
- You have a portfolio of original work demonstrating experience with studio photography.
- You have excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to multitask.
- You are able to handle equipment and have experience troubleshooting for Canon and Profoto systems
- You are eager to learn, and share own set experience: lighting, workflow, etc
- You have demonstrated ability to contribute to a successful team environment and follow evolving creative and workflow guidelines.
- You are proficient with Color Theory, Microsoft Office, and Mac OS.
- You have the ability to work well both independently as a photographer and as a tech in a team environment.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!