Junior Print Producer
We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come. That’s the idea, and the mission, behind everything we do.
We're looking for a full time junior print producer to carry out assigned print production initiatives and track incoming/ongoing projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a fast moving environment and thrives in maintaining quality and organization while working on multiple projects at once.
This position will report directly to our Senior Producer and work from our headquarters in NoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery of printed collateral for out-of-home marketing initiatives, retail store visual displays, packaging, events and more
- Assist with review of proofs to confirm specs and content accuracy
- Act as liaison between key stakeholders and vendors to facilitate schedules for multiple projects, providing two-way communication, keeping project stakeholders up-to-date of project status, information requests and/or alternate timing
- Assist with all aspects of current productions, including sending updated mechanicals, coordinating digital and physical proofs and tracking deliveries
- Maintain and organize print archives to ensure accurate historical references and file consistency
- Handle all print vendor communications in a professional and timely manner including negotiating pricing
- Assist in tracking and processing of invoices
- Help to build out and maintain store-specific signage database as well as overall print archives
Who you are:
- 2-3 years of related work experience in a print production field, working with multiple printers
- Knowledge about printing methods, materials, costs, and timelines
- Familiar with print industry terminology
- Enthusiastic with strong initiative; able to manage multiple projects using well-developed prioritization skills and switch gears as needed
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Flexible in dealing with change and comfortable with raising issues to upper management
- Very strong attention to detail
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely, effective manner
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.