Language Service Education/Training Coordinator at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is seeking a Language Service-Training Coordinator for our Cancer Disparities service area.
- Facilitate and coordinate all aspects of language research related services provision including education, training and linguistically appropriate services for the limited English proficient (LEP) patient population in regard to English and Spanish.
- Assist the Program Manager of Specialty in Linguistic and Cultural Responsiveness in all research and education aspects related to the Program’s provision of linguistically appropriate services to the limited English proficient patient population.
- Provide translation, back translation and interpreting services for research activities within the Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities Service and/or other departments in the institution as applicable.
- Bachelors degree in a health related field plus at least 2 years of related experience or a high school diploma plus 6 years of related experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience working with linguistic projects, specifically translating, back translating and/or interpreting
- Nationally certified as a medical interpreting and translator preferred.
- Teaching experience a must (preference given to those with experience teaching medical interpreting)
- Focus group conduct a must
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and organization skills
- Must be fluent in spoken and written Spanish #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.