Lead, UX Writer at Gemini (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Design
Our team actualizes Gemini’s mission by designing best in class products and brand experiences. In Design, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. Our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institutional. Our work is simple, engaging, effective and cohesive.
The Role: Lead, UX Writer
Join a dynamic and tight-knit team of UX designers, visual designers, researchers and front end and mobile engineers to expand and codify Gemini’s digital identity. As a UX Writer, you live and breathe the user experience; guided by data and business objectives. You’re passionate about every piece of the user journey, from error states to success criteria. You can balance storytelling and systematic thinking.This role reports to Gemini’s Creative Director and is part of the Design leadership team.
- Help define the narrative strategy, interface development, and language systems across all of Gemini’s products
- Write for new consumer-facing features and products, as well as maintaining existing user interface copy, all while collaborating with other functions to create thoughtful and thorough user experiences
- Collaborate and partner with product execution teams to understand product objectives, simplifying complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling narratives, interface copy, user experiences, and brand strategies
- Be a thought leader in UX writing and help educate the team on best UX writing practices
- Responsible for developing UX writing artifacts and guidelines such as product tone, language, tense and narrative, while contributing to the Design System team’s output
- Address feedback and improve performance of our content and customer experience
- Serve as a source of UX writing for the organization
- 8-10 years of experience as a UX writer or similar experiences as a copywriter
- Experience with user-focused consumer products and or fintech products experiences
- Experience building and setting a UX writing strategy that connects with business objectives
- Experience partnering with a variety of cross-functional peers and stakeholders to tell stories in digital environments (e.g., product managers, ux researchers, data scientists, designers, engineers, policy, legal, communications, marketing)
- Can write product copy from scratch, edit existing, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members
- Eager to contribute and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across Gemini’s product ecosystem
- Comfortable leading several projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, planning, and a strict attention to details
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.